Men’s Grooming Day encourages men everywhere to partake in a little self-care in the form of grooming rituals and as you can imagine, at MÜHLE we’re here for it! Falling on the third Friday in August since 2007, this month we wanted to mark this special event by asking MÜHLE London Head Barber, Connor, for some advice and tips on grooming rituals.
We were delighted when he shared his quick steps for a stay-at-home facial- we love the inclusiveness of this grooming ritual- beard, or no beard a facial is the perfect way to look after your most important accessory. Here is Connor’s advice:
My all-time favorite grooming ritual is a good old-fashioned facial. These days men are taking more time to look after their appearance; investing time in a little ‘manpering’ is always a great idea because you’ll look and feel so much better. With men’s grooming services and tools ever increasing in popularity there’s never been a better time to start looking after yourself.
Without further ado, here are my 6 steps to a Fresh Face:
You will need:
- Essential Oil of your choice, my favourite is Lemongrass or Eucalyptus
- 2 Towels; try MÜHLE Waffle Pique Towels (they come in a pack of 2)
- An exfoliating sponge / pad / flannel
- Organic Face Wash; try MÜHLE Organic Face Wash
- Repair Serum; try MÜHLE Organic Repair Serum
- Organic Moisturiser; try MÜHLE Organic Face Cream
- Note: organic products and natural skincare work in harmony with your body, so your skin can better balance and mend itself – whereas skincare with synthetic ingredients can cause irritation, sensitivity, and clogged pores.
6 steps to a fresh face!
1.Fold your towel in half, length-ways twice. Apply 3-4 drops of your essential oil. Hold your towel at each end and run hot water along the towel, make sure it is wet through.
2.Twist both ends of the towel in opposing directions and ring the water out. Apply the towel to your face for 30 seconds or until the towel has cooled. The hot towel is used to soften your skin and open your pores, ready for a deep cleanse, so if you’re in the shower you can skip this step.
3.Wet your facial pads and apply an organic face wash, rubbing the pads together to create a creamy lather. In a circular motion, exfoliate your face focusing on the T zone, (this is the forehead, sides and bridge of your nose and chin).
4.Splash your face with fresh water and remove any soap residue.
6.Seal your skin with an organic face cream of your choice, this is used to lock in the moisture and form a barrier on the skin leaving your face fresh and soft to the touch!
Like what you’re reading? Here’s some more MÜHLE USA Blog recommendations: